1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem getting files to go on an iPod via iTunes

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by VistaMachine, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VistaMachine

VistaMachine Thread Starter

So I've recently been trying to get some of my Blu-rays on my iPod, so I've downloaded a few programs to try and get it to work.

I got MakeMKV to get the files into MKVs, then I got Handbrake to convert them to MP4s. I can get them to play in my iTunes, but when I try to drag them from my iTunes to my iPod, I get a message that says "was not copied to the iPod because it cannot be played on this iPod"

Its an iPod video, so I'm pretty sure it should be able to play videos. The dimensions for the video are 854 x 352 (the other films I bought via iTunes were the exact same dimensions, so I figured that when I converted it to an MP4 that these were the dimensions I was supposed to use).

Can anyone give me any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice