1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem getting Word to use Outlook for Mail Merge

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by creasman00, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creasman00

creasman00 Thread Starter

Maybe the Office 2002 gurus out there can direct me to a solution to this pesky problem...
    When I try a mail merge to make mailing labels with Word 2002, I always use my Outlook contacts for the data.

However, Word always gives me an error message that says that Outlook is not configured as the defualt mail client. It instructs me to make the changes in Outlook and to try again.

I've been in Outlooks Tools menu, as the help files tell me, and have checked the settings, and made sure the box is checked to configure Outlook as the defualt email program, but Word behaves the same.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    Ken C.
    Chino Hills, CA

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Try this, go to contol panel, click on internet options and on the program tab set Outlook as the default email program.

3. creasman00

creasman00 Thread Starter

Thanks, Rick...
    I went to the Internet Options, and looked at the settings for default mail program. It showed Outlook. I changed it to OE, then applied, then chaged it back and applied again, just to see if that would have any effect.
    It didn't....

Any chance this is related to the fact that I use AOL, and of course AOL is in it's own world when it comes to mail?

Ken C
    Chino Hills, CA

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/101518

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice