1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem I think it may be hardware

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Secof, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Secof

Secof Thread Starter

I also had the same problem while running XP.
    When i play COD4 a couple of problems started occuring... the keyboard switched off and on while running the game and then at some point just off, the only way i could get it back working was to either log off and back on again or restart. Playing Rugby 2008 nothing happens and everything is fine. Playing Modern Warfare 2 the pc stops responding completely and needs to restart.
    I also need to add that my keyboard is a usb one. But it never gave me problems EVER.

Can the Page Faults per second be the cause?
    While playing COD 4 the maximum Faults per second is over 12000 and averages around 600. While it is idleing it averages around 30 - 40.
    The other things i monitored are:
    Disk qeue length : 1.2 max, 0.07 average
    CPU interrupts per sec: 1572 max, 619 average
    %interrupt time (CPU) : 1.6 max, 0.349 average

While playing Rugby 2008 all the stats are less... Page faults down to 9000
    The only significant change was the disk qeue length which is now max 0.069 and average 0.005.

I have updated everything as far as possible (drivers, software... everything). Still the problem continues.

And i was away for 1 month and after returning home this is what i returned to... Definately not a happy chappy :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/947789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice