1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem importing incredimails Emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Ain, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ain

Ain Thread Starter

Hi,

I have exported my incredimails data using the Export Data Wizard in the application. But when I wanted to import them back to a freshly installed Incredimail, I received an error and the import failed.
    Is there anyway, I can import the data in Cab files manually? I am having Microsoft XP pro. I just need my emails - desperately.
    Appreciate any help. Thank you!

2. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Are you using the same Incredimail version? If the one you were using is Incredimail XE and the one you just downloaded is the new incredimail 2, it may not work.........though it should. So, what version were you using, and what version are you downloading fresh?

3. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Also, what is the import error message? Where is the export file saved to?

4. Ain

Ain Thread Starter

Hi Laura,

The files were previously used in the earlier version of Incredimail 2- not Incredimail XE though.

I have exported to an external drive. I cant remember, but it is towards the end of the import that it appeared.

I am importing to Incredimail latest version. Do you think I can restore the emails? I don't need the others.

Thank you so much!

5. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

When you uninstalled the previous version, did you just run the typical, normal uninstaller....or did you do a "clean" uninstall?

6. Ain

Ain Thread Starter

My pc was formatted due to some window problems. So when the PC came back fresh, I installed Incredimail and tried to import the emails through the Import Wizard in Incredimail. Towards the end of the import, there was one error which I could not catch and then the import stopped. No emails were imported.

7. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Oh, wow........if you've formatted the computer, the only place those emails exist are in the .cab file that you exported......and it sounds like that is corrupted, possibly due to whatever was going on with your computer at the time. :(

The only thing I can suggest you try is a .cab repair software. There is this specifically for incredimail, but I don't know if it will work in your situation....the corrupt .cab file may prevent it, but it's worth trying:

http://www.download3k.com/System-Ut...oad-Kernel-IncrediMail-Recovery-Software.html

Here are a couple of free .cab repair utilities:

http://www.fyxm.net/CAB-Explorer-68627.html

http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/advanced-cab-repair-1.0.html

If those don't work for you......I'm out of ideas. I am not really that familiar with .cab files and their recovery. :(

8. Ain

Ain Thread Starter

Thanks Laura for your suggestion and help. I'll try this cab repair software. I hope this works. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice