1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem in Access 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by krazeecrw, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazeecrw

krazeecrw Thread Starter

I am trying to import the Global Address List from my Exchange e-mail account to Access 2007 and am having difficulties. When I select the Global Address list in the Import Exchange/Outlook wizard and click Next, I get the following error message:

Method 'Value' of object "Field2" failed

I can import other address books fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled and did a repair but that did not work either. Any ideas on how to solve this?

2. OBP

OBP

Usually this kind of error occurs with Excel, the Access Import Wizard takes the first row as a heading, it then uses the second row to test and set the Field Type, ie. text, number, date etc.
    This error occurs when a row further in to the Table changes from the one that the Wizard decided it should be, ie it should be a number and suddenly it has a some text.
    To try and overcome this Import the data in to a table that you have prepared where you set Field2 to "Text", which should accept just about anything.

3. RRman

RRman

MS says this is a bug in Office 2007 SP1. They are working on a hotfix. Here is the workaround...

SHORT DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM:
    =============================
    You are receiving the following error message when importing the Global Address List from Outlook / Exchange into Access: Method 'Value' of object 'Field2' failed

MICROSOFT PRODUCT VERSION AND SERVICE RELEASES:
    ===============================================
    Version of Access: Access 2007 SP1
    Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP3

COMPLETED ACTIONS TAKEN AND RESULTS:
    ======================================

At this time the best workaround to the issue if you have SP1 installed is to replace the new version of the aceexch.dll (version 12.0.6048.5000 - 12.00.6211.1000) file with a copy of the older aceexch.dll file (version 12.0.4518.1014).

The easiest way to find a copy of the older aceexch.dll file is to do a search on your XP machine and the older file most likely will be stored in a cached folder.

After you find the older file, implement the following steps:

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12 and rename the current aceexch.dll file to aceexch.old

2. Move the old copy of the aceexch.dll (12.0.4518.1014) into the folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12)

3. Try importing the GAL into Access. It should now work successfully.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice