1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem in Sharing Internet Connection Over Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pradeeptech, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pradeeptech

pradeeptech Thread Starter

I've used programs like Virtual Wi-Fi and Connectify in the past to share my Internet connection. But recently when I tried to do the same, I'm unable to do it. My default internet connection is via ethernet. When I connect it to my laptop, it just detects as a LAN, Then I've to again connect to internet by entering username and password. So after connecting to Internet I'll have two connections, one LAN with no internet access and other with Internet access.
    Now for sharing my Internet through Wi-Fi, which connection should I select to enable Allow this connection for internet sharing under sharing tab of properties ??
    Also when I install Connectify, Internet is getting disconnected. When I uninstall it, its working.
    And I tried Virtual Wifi, its creating a wifi connection to share my internet and I'm able to connect to it, but internet is not working.
    And then I tried to create wireless ad-hoc network, after giving name,etc there is no option to enable internet sharing on this network which usually does.
    How to solve this ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice