1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem in using showModelessDialog

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by itdevx, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itdevx

itdevx Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have worked with showModelessDialog method of window object in JavaScript. I used it in the onclick event handler of a button as below to open myDialog.htm file:

win=window.showModlessDialog(‘myDialog.htm’, window)
    and I put a button on the myDialog page to show the URL of the first window when clicked as this:

alert(dialogArguments.document.URL)
    It worked fine. Then I wanted to show myDialog window through executing a context menu command. I added necessary changes to registry to insert a command to IE context menu and targeted it to a script containing this line of code:

parentWin=external.menuArguments
    parentWin.showModelessDialog(‘myDialog.htm’, parentWin)

So far so good. myDialog window opened. I expected to be able to use dialogArguments again to do some changes in the window I clicked the right mouse button. But unexpectedly I understood that no parameter could be sent to myDialog window, in fact using every parameter that I passed to it was faced with an undefined error. Well, where the problem lies. How can I access the window I made a right click on in this way?

I hope I could express my problem clearly and I hope there is a solution to my problem.

Thanks,
    Omid.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!