[Problem] Incredible Overheating Temperature

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Magister

My system specs:

Intel P-4 Prescott 2.80 (non-overclocked)
MB Asus P4P800E Deluxe
1.5 Gb Ram (non-overclocked)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (non-overclocked)
Alluminium Case
1 KG Copper Heat Sink on CPU

My problem is, when I'm doing nothing at the PC the temp is around 50° and everything's fine, but as soon as I play for at least an hour to some intensive 3d videogames like C&C, Doom 3 and so on my temp run to 70° and if I insist I get reset or locked up.

How can I counter that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Those temps are quite "warm". A few things you can check until some of the real gurus wake up: Is the heat sink and fan squared up and properly seated on the cpu using a small about of ArticSilver(or other quality) thermal compound? Is the fan running? Do you have adequate air flow thru the case? What program are you using to see the temps? Does it match the temps you see in the BIOS? The experts will want to know some of this info to help you out. Good luck.

Magister

junker39 said:
Those temps are quite "warm". A few things you can check until some of the real gurus wake up: Is the heat sink and fan squared up and properly seated on the cpu using a small about of ArticSilver(or other quality) thermal compound? Is the fan running? Do you have adequate air flow thru the case? What program are you using to see the temps? Does it match the temps you see in the BIOS? The experts will want to know some of this info to help you out. Good luck.
- Fan is running at 2700 RPM, and it is a big fan
- Software to check temp is Asus Probe and it match the BIOS temp

I've been told raising a bit VCore might help my case, is it crap or worth a try?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online