1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Problem] Incredible Overheating Temperature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Magister, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magister

Magister Thread Starter

My system specs:

Intel P-4 Prescott 2.80 (non-overclocked)
    MB Asus P4P800E Deluxe
    1.5 Gb Ram (non-overclocked)
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (non-overclocked)
    Alluminium Case
    1 KG Copper Heat Sink on CPU

My problem is, when I'm doing nothing at the PC the temp is around 50° and everything's fine, but as soon as I play for at least an hour to some intensive 3d videogames like C&C, Doom 3 and so on my temp run to 70° and if I insist I get reset or locked up.

How can I counter that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

2. junker39

junker39

Those temps are quite "warm". A few things you can check until some of the real gurus wake up: Is the heat sink and fan squared up and properly seated on the cpu using a small about of ArticSilver(or other quality) thermal compound? Is the fan running? Do you have adequate air flow thru the case? What program are you using to see the temps? Does it match the temps you see in the BIOS? The experts will want to know some of this info to help you out. Good luck.

3. Magister

Magister Thread Starter

- Fan is running at 2700 RPM, and it is a big fan
    - Software to check temp is Asus Probe and it match the BIOS temp

I've been told raising a bit VCore might help my case, is it crap or worth a try?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice