1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem Installing Corsair CX750

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JordzaaaHH, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JordzaaaHH

JordzaaaHH Thread Starter

Hey Everyone

I'm having a problem installing my new Corsair CX750, when attempting to turn my computer on when it is installed, it doesn't power up, at all. I have connected everything my old PSU was connected to with the new wires but still can't get it to work.

Specs:
    GA-M68MT-S2 (rev. 3.1) motherboard
    AMD FX-4100 @ 3.6GHz processor
    ATI Radeon HD 6770 gpu
    2x4GB Kingston RAM sticks
    1TB Harddrive

If you need anything else ask me, or anything added on to what I have already given.

****IMPORTANT NOTES

We couldn't find a 4-pin connector from the new PSU to connect to the motherboard, so we used the 6-pin and attatched it using 4 of the pins. Could this be the problem? And what else should I use instead.

The old PSU works fine, I just needed an upgrade. I'm actually using it now to run my computer to write this thread.

Please get back to me ASAP, Far Cry 3 is calling me [​IMG]

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The 6 pin connector is a PCI-Express connector for video cards not the motherboard connector. The ATX12V/EPS connector is an 8 pin that splits into two 4 pin connectors for motherboards that still only use 4 pins.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice