Problem Installing Corsair CX750

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JordzaaaHH

Hey Everyone

I'm having a problem installing my new Corsair CX750, when attempting to turn my computer on when it is installed, it doesn't power up, at all. I have connected everything my old PSU was connected to with the new wires but still can't get it to work.

Specs:
GA-M68MT-S2 (rev. 3.1) motherboard
AMD FX-4100 @ 3.6GHz processor
ATI Radeon HD 6770 gpu
2x4GB Kingston RAM sticks
1TB Harddrive

If you need anything else ask me, or anything added on to what I have already given.

****IMPORTANT NOTES

We couldn't find a 4-pin connector from the new PSU to connect to the motherboard, so we used the 6-pin and attatched it using 4 of the pins. Could this be the problem? And what else should I use instead.

The old PSU works fine, I just needed an upgrade. I'm actually using it now to run my computer to write this thread.

Please get back to me ASAP, Far Cry 3 is calling me

Triple6

Rob
The 6 pin connector is a PCI-Express connector for video cards not the motherboard connector. The ATX12V/EPS connector is an 8 pin that splits into two 4 pin connectors for motherboards that still only use 4 pins.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online