1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem installing drivers / hardware.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Metalmurphy, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metalmurphy

Metalmurphy Thread Starter

For some reason Windows keeps telling me that ALL drivers i install aren't "Windows Logo verified" and asks me if i wanna procceed or not, while this might seem normal i know that its not, becouse drivers that i used to install with no problems now this happens. Also i have LOTS ( and i really mean LOTS :p) of "Found new hardware what action do you want to take" dialogs during an hardware instalation when this also didn't used to happen before. For example i just installed my X-Fi Sound Card, before it would install with no prompts what so ever, now when i'm installing it i had about 15 prompts telling me that it found new hardware and i had to choose "Find drivers automaticly", and after i did that i would get the "Driver is not Windows Logo Verified" prompt. It all seems to work fine eitherway if i just choose "continue" with the prompts, however this is becoming quite annoying since it happens for every driver i install.

Does anyone have the slightest idea of whats going on?

Oh, this started happening after i made a clean install on a new partition i made on a RAID 0 setup, and i got Windows XP Pro.

Thanks in advanced.

2. bobol

bobol

you might want to request this gets moved to the hardware forum by an admin if no luck in this forum- it sounds complex.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/515361

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice