1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem installing J2SE Development Kit

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tkh, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tkh

tkh Thread Starter

Hi

I have a problem regarding the installation of J2SE Development Kit 5.0. During the installation of [email protected] Development Kit 5.0 Update, the progress bar will always hang halfway..i am using win2k OS.

There will be this error msg

"Error 1311. Source file not found. C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\MQ0MH\Down[1].htm. Vefily that the file exists and that you can access it.

How do i resolve this? Pls advise

thanks.

2. CGKGS

CGKGS

I posted something like this. I'm having the same problem!

3. CGKGS

CGKGS

I don't know how to fix it really, but mine works now. I just re-installed it...

4. funkdmonkey

funkdmonkey

Are you installing via activeX? If you are try going to the offical java site and download the offline installer version and try installing it. If it doesnt work try installing it again after a fresh restart.

5. tkh

tkh Thread Starter

yup i went to sun website to d/l it...so it shud be the official one....watcha mean by restart? as in reboot? :)

thanks for replying guys :)

6. funkdmonkey

funkdmonkey

Yes, a reboot. Also if it says it cant find a certain file keep pressing retry for 15secs. Happened to me and it worked.

7. Memory_Loss

Memory_Loss

I had the same problem not to long ago, i cleaned out the "TEMP" and "temporary Internet Files" and it downloaded and installed fine after i restarted my system.

I contacted the company before i done this and they told me that my operating system needed reloaded. Needless to say, i didn't do that.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326272

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice