Problem installing Netnanny

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

worthajog

Netnanny was working fine, then I did a system restore to remove malware. This removed netnanny, and so I reinstalled it. For some reason, it does not automatiically initiate the registering process after installation. I'm not sure if it needs to or not, maybe I am already registered, but certainly my settings are not working.

I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling with windows defender, firewall and antivirus switched off. This made no difference. I don't understand what is going on. I am spending hours trying to fix this. Netnanny email support are very slow and they haven't identified the problem yet. Perhaps I am not logged in to netnanny, or logged in as another user?

Thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Netnanny was working fine, then I did a system restore to remove malware.
Using System Restore is not the way to remove malware, spyware, etc..

There are several free tools designed for that which you should use on a regular basis to keep your computer clean.

These are the ones that I use every 7 - 14 days:

AdwCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

SUPERAntiSpyware

---------------------------------------------------------------

I've never used Net Nanny, so I can't address any issues with it.

Here is its "Frequently Asked Questions" section.

---------------------------------------------------------------

How did you uninstall Netnanny while trying to fix this issue? Most uninstallers leave "bits" behind in the registry, or files/folders that aren't removed. Perhaps your previous uninstall has left things that are interfering now. I suggest you give Revo Uninstaller a try. It's free and does an excellent job.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online