Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem installing new LCD into notebook

616 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I have an old HP Pavillion N3350 which had a cracked screen. I ordered a new LCD from one of the many websites devoted to that and installed it myself, following exactly what I did to remove the old one in reverse. The new screen has some sort of active connection because it lights up with many colorful scrambled lines, but no clear picture and no sign that the scramble is an actual picture being scrambled. I plugged it into another monitor and activated a dual display, the new screen lit up, scrambled, but was not actually listed as a display device that I could select. I plan on taking the whole thing apart again and double checking my connections, but I really don't think that they are loose. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with something like this??
Thanks in advance! :confused:

#2 ·
Well, this is one of those issues where the operative phrase is probably: You just had to be there.

I'm not sure, other than checking the connections again, what to suggest. It's curious another monitor shows up scrambled, that seems to indicate you have a video controller error in addition to the cracked screen. Did this laptop get dropped?

It's normally not cost-effective to repair older laptops, I've recently seen low-end Toshiba models for $449 after rebate, and I'm sure they're a better laptop than the old HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.