Problem installing Panda Antivirus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robblah

I've searched and saw someone else had this problem but it wasn't solved. I'll ask again. I wanted to try the eval. of Panda Antivirus Titanium and i downloaded it off their site. It told me Avast was incompatible with it and had to be uninstalled, so i uninstalled the Avast demo. I restarted. Then it said eTrust Antivirus was incompatible and had to be uninstalled - one problem - i have never had eTrust antivirus installed, and it was NOT in my add/remove program thing. Nor have i found any files or registry entries matching the word eTrust on my comp. So I have no way to install panda antivirus. - Is it even worth the effort? Any recommendations for the best antivirus?

I used to use Norton, and we use McAfee at work - both (I find) are rubbish - Panda, on the other hand, has been brilliant. I didn't want to spend the (at the time) £50 odd pound to buy it, so I looked on ebay. I bought Panda Platinum last year for £19, and Panda Titanium this year for £7.50 (including postage) The only problem I have had is that Windows XP (SP2) Antivirus keeps telling me that my Panda Antivirus is not upto date (when it is). If you wanted to try Panda, then your best bet is to find a cheap one on ebay (this will come with a years worth of updates, and then you will need to pay per year, or just a new one from ebay)

smash

Banned
or you can use avg free:) i've been using it for years without problems with xp pro sp2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online