1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem installing printer drivers for Lexmark Z32

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Robert1, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Robert1

Robert1 Thread Starter

I am trying to install the drivers for my Lexmark Z32 printer. However, when I try to install the software, the system insists on offering me only to option of installing to LPT1. However, my printer is USB. Can anyone offer me a lead on this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Robert

2. mobo

mobo

Had some trouble installing my lexmark on xp as well so what I did was hoked it up to the usb port then powered up and when the wizard picked it up I closed the wizard. Then used the lexmark cdrom to install the printer and it wirked fine that way..

3. pronute

pronute

here is the latest drivers for your printer Z32

Just one question is Canada where they dump all the computer peripherals that don't work in the US? This statement appears on their site

Lexmark Z32 Color Jetprinter
    17F0285
    This product was discontinued and withdrawn from marketing in the United States on June 25, 2001.
    ;)

4. Robert1

Robert1 Thread Starter

Don't know if the obsolete stuff is dumped in Canada or not. I would hate to think so. I think when we got our equipment about three years or so ago, it was considered good stuff - but you have a point. In computer terms it is ancient.

In any event, I found my problem: the printer installation program didn't like having Cleansweep looking over its shoulder while it was loading. When I killed the Cleansweep monitoring process, the installation worked just fine.

Thanks guys for your attempt to help me. I'm just sorry I didn't think of disabling Cleansweep in the first place. That way I wouldn't have wasted your time, and I wouldn't be on this darn guilt trip over that!

Take care and all best to you,
    Robert

5. mobo

mobo

Something I wouldn't think of so I learned something as well.

6. Annorax

Annorax

I got my Lexmark Z32 back in 2000, and I've had no problem with it, except it seems to run out of ink all the time!

But as to your problem, can you give us more info, like OS, specs, etc?

7. mobo

mobo

The problem is resolved Annorax .

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164208

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice