1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem installing Quick View

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Robert1, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert1

Robert1 Thread Starter

I am trying to install Quick View on my system via Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Accessories. I check the box for Quick View, and then click "Have Disk" in "Windows Setup". My Dell recovery CD is in my CD drive: but when I try to install the program, the system keeps telling me that it can only see the A and C drives. It is not recognizing the F drive where the recovery disk is. Could someone tell me how to correct this problem?

Thank you,
    Robert

2. Miz

Miz

For a possible workaround to get Quick View installed (but doesn't address the "invisible" CD drive), point it to C:\I386 instead of the CD and see if that will install Quick View.

Edit:
    Ooops...forgot this is the Win9x forum.

Point it to C:\Windows\Options\Cabs. The I386 folder is XP. Sorry.

3. Robert1

Robert1 Thread Starter

OK, I did some tinkering around as you suggested to get Quick View going. I'm not sure that I asked you the right question at this point as I was unable to use Quick View to do what I wanted it to do.

So let me explain the problem behind the problem: my daughter saved her project in Wordperfect 9: however when she tried to retireve it, Wordperfect responded by saying "Unknown File Format." I don't know why this message keeps coming up: the usual wordperfect icon does show up beside the filename, and the correct .wpd extension is showing there. Somebody told me that Quick View would help me get a handle on the problem, but that did not work. I'm not sure that Quick View is relevant here, as I see that Quick view merely previews the document: but we need to open it.

Perhaps I should be in another forum, Miz: so if you can't help me at this point I will do that.

Thanks for coming back to me, anyway.

All best,
    Robert

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice