1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem installing USB drivers in Windows 98SE

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by stevedann, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevedann

stevedann Thread Starter

i'm trying to use USB flash drives on a W98SE laptop. I have several different makes and model of flash drive and (unlike XP) am having to install a driver for each of them.

I would have hoped that one generic driver would suit all, but apparently not. The problem is that despite the fact that the laptop always notices when a drive is plugged in it can't find the driver, even when you manually point it at the driver's location.

Can't work out what's wrong. Any ideas? The facility for finding files seems to be completely useless, where exactly should you point to, the folder or one or other of the driver files within it?

2. awergh

awergh

3. stevedann

stevedann Thread Starter

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice