1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem installing video card..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alex76, Jan 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alex76

alex76 Thread Starter

i have a 1.2 ghz amd t-bird with 192 ram... i was trying to install a nvidia mx400 gforce 2 on the agp slot but when i do my puter boots but the screen stays black!! when i take the card out and reboot my puter boots fine with the onboard card(which sux). so my question is is my gforce defective er is my agp slot screwed?? and how can i get it to work?

2. brianF

brianF

You need to uninstall your onboard cards drivers.

Then check your documentation on how to disable the onboard, either by jumper or bios setting.

3. alex76

alex76 Thread Starter

ok thanks ill try that and see if it works!!

4. alex76

alex76 Thread Starter

ok i uninstalled the drivers to the onboard card, so now when i boot its basically comes up a standard vga adapter (16 colors max). anyway i tried to put in my gforce again and the screen still is black but it boots. when i take it out it works normal(16 colors). the instuctions i have really dont tell me how to disable the onboard thru the set up screen(i can disable anything BUT that in that screen!) so what should i do now??

5. RonK

RonK

As Brian stated - You have to disable the onboard video in the bios settings.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/67013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice