1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem installing windows, dac2w2k.sys

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Hawknfox, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hawknfox

Hawknfox Thread Starter

When trying to install windows, I keep getting an error message "The file dac2w2k.sys is corrupted" while setup is loading. After that, I'm forced to restart my computer.

Apparently, dac2w2k.sys is some type of RAID controller, which confuses me because I'm not using a RAID setup. If anyone can help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Welcome!

If it is a standard Windows driver file (which appears to be the case) then it will be loaded as part of every setup, just as the satndard drivers for many other devices are, irrespective of you actually having the device installed at the time.

I would suspect that your install CD may be scratched or dirty?

Faulty RAM will usually show up in a Windows install, but as "cannot find file" rather than a corrupt file.

3. Hawknfox

Hawknfox Thread Starter

I've tried two different disks, both give me the same error.

4. Hawknfox

Hawknfox Thread Starter

I'm bumping this thread, please, I've tried everything I could possibly think of, and I can't get this computer to work.

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

6. jfireluv

jfireluv

Hello,

This is my first post but I just wanted to share with people the fix. It is not a problem with the SCSI/RAID card per se. It is that the user must have either changed or added their memory configuration. If the person who is having the problem checks, they may see that they have different or incompatible memory. The error message for the memory issue is not obvious because it is pointing to the Array driver file, but the memory is causing the OS to think there is a problem in another program. Try removing one of the memory chips or the latest one added and it should work.

Jimmy

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice