Problem installing windows, dac2w2k.sys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hawknfox

When trying to install windows, I keep getting an error message "The file dac2w2k.sys is corrupted" while setup is loading. After that, I'm forced to restart my computer.

Apparently, dac2w2k.sys is some type of RAID controller, which confuses me because I'm not using a RAID setup. If anyone can help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it

Welcome!

If it is a standard Windows driver file (which appears to be the case) then it will be loaded as part of every setup, just as the satndard drivers for many other devices are, irrespective of you actually having the device installed at the time.

I would suspect that your install CD may be scratched or dirty?

Faulty RAM will usually show up in a Windows install, but as "cannot find file" rather than a corrupt file.

Hawknfox

I'm bumping this thread, please, I've tried everything I could possibly think of, and I can't get this computer to work.

Hello,

This is my first post but I just wanted to share with people the fix. It is not a problem with the SCSI/RAID card per se. It is that the user must have either changed or added their memory configuration. If the person who is having the problem checks, they may see that they have different or incompatible memory. The error message for the memory issue is not obvious because it is pointing to the Array driver file, but the memory is causing the OS to think there is a problem in another program. Try removing one of the memory chips or the latest one added and it should work.

Jimmy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online