Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem installing Windows

868 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I have a LGA775 Socket motherboard....with Pentium 1.8 Ghz processor.... when i try to install windows in it...the bios screen comes perfect..but after that it says windows is loading files then there is no signal in monitor...but cpu fan is running....my monitor and bootable pendrive both are perfectly fine...so how can i fix that.

#4 ·
That is some very old hardware. Installing an operating system is actually somewhat stressful on a system. Before attempting an install, I would test the hardware;
1 Download memtest Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool Use another system to make the bootable usb. Boot the system with the usb and run memtest for at the very least 1hr to see if you have any errors
2 Download the hard drive mfg's diagnostic. Note you will need the dos or boot version. You download this from whomever mfg the drive ie WD, Seagate, etc. If there is no boot version from your drive mfg, seatools for dos will test just about any drive
3 Enter the bios and check your temps and voltages. Specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Let the system run in the bios for a few min to stabilize temps/voltages. See if the 12V rail goes up and down; it should be very steady while running in the bios

The following is just my opinion. That hardware is too old to invest any money into repairing. It is just not cost effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.