Problem Installing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

david.amherst

I received a copy of Vista Business from the Power Together program today, and am having some trouble installing. I get through all of the required input (license key, language, etc.) and it begins installing, but my problem is when it reboots. When I try to boot from the hard drive, it doesn't go anywhere, it gets stuck on the black screen. If I try to boot from the CD, it starts all over again, as I expected. I'm fairly sure that it is supposed to boot from the hard drive to continue installation. but I am unable to. Any help?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Perhaps some information about your system would help. If the disk is connected to a RAID or other 3rd party controller, even a MB embedded one, you may need to load the drivers early in the install for it to be able to boot from the hard disk. That is likely the issue, but we won't know without any data on the system you're using.

hi i dont know if this wouold help or not
There is upgrade advisor with windows vista , try running it prior to install vista and it might list you for all the incompatibilities and if any solution is provided for it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online