1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem Installing

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by david.amherst, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david.amherst

david.amherst Thread Starter

I received a copy of Vista Business from the Power Together program today, and am having some trouble installing. I get through all of the required input (license key, language, etc.) and it begins installing, but my problem is when it reboots. When I try to boot from the hard drive, it doesn't go anywhere, it gets stuck on the black screen. If I try to boot from the CD, it starts all over again, as I expected. I'm fairly sure that it is supposed to boot from the hard drive to continue installation. but I am unable to. Any help?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Perhaps some information about your system would help. If the disk is connected to a RAID or other 3rd party controller, even a MB embedded one, you may need to load the drivers early in the install for it to be able to boot from the hard disk. That is likely the issue, but we won't know without any data on the system you're using.

3. Raggs

Raggs

hi i dont know if this wouold help or not
    There is upgrade advisor with windows vista , try running it prior to install vista and it might list you for all the incompatibilities and if any solution is provided for it

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!