PROBLEM: Microsoft Outlook 2000/2002/2003 E-Mail Display

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

makeshift

Hey,

When you send an e-mail or receive one from outlook, by default it looks for the person in your contacts and puts the display name up instead.

But when reading the e-mail it displays

John Doe [mailto:[email protected]]
To: Jane Doe

How do you get rid of the mailto:etc,etc ??? I would prefer a hyperlink instead of the mailto because then it reveals the person's e-mail address.

I know you could just hover over it or click on the hyperlink to find out the e-mail, but I'm just asking for the purpose of printing. I don't want my e-mail address shown in a long stream of E-mail send's and replies between a friend when I print it.

If there is a setting in Outlook to turn this off, please let me know, I fooled around with everything and I cant get it to work.

- Drew

Under "tools/options/prefrences/e-mail options/advanced e-mail options " You can select "automatic name checking" which I think will convert the mailto to a name if it is in the global address or contacts list. I don't know what that does to people you send to I would think it depends on their setting...

makeshift

draceplace said:
Under "tools/options/prefrences/e-mail options/advanced e-mail options " You can select "automatic name checking" which I think will convert the mailto to a name if it is in the global address or contacts list. I don't know what that does to people you send to I would think it depends on their setting...

Ah, that didn't do anything on both sides. sorry bud.

Anyone else have any clue?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online