1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem of big fonts in internet explorer.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Guest765, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guest765

Guest765 Thread Starter

Hello

I have a problem where the fonts on all web pages are too big. It suddenly became like this, I have no idea why. Could some kind individual tell me how to make the fonts the default size, back the way they were.

Thank you.

2. bobol

bobol

Hi- easy one- I assume... open up Internet explorer- go to top bar and select 'View'. Then go to 'text size' in drop down menu. I believe you want to select 'medium' size. :)

3. Guest765

Guest765 Thread Starter

Thank you! That's fixed it. The only mystery is why it changed, I have a suspicion that it's a side effect of some bl**dy spyware/adware my computers got.

4. bobol

bobol

no problemo- maybe even a visited website has directions to auto-change the size. Well if its suspected spyware- use adaware, spyware blaster and spybot and your anti-spy software. [see my links]

5. Guest765

Guest765 Thread Starter

Thanks again, I really should have more security programs on my computer - I'll install them when I have time.

6. sekirt

sekirt

Most of the time it is accidental and a result of using a mouse with a wheel.
    Holding CTRL and turning the wheel makes the size larger or smaller (as well as the IE setting).

7. bobol

bobol

Very good idea- you won't regret it (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/515231