Problem on Asus p4s533-mx mobo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eke21

Hi guys, I have a pentium4 PC with a mobo of Asus p4s533-mx. One day, when I turned on the PC, it has no display so I thought my video card failed. I borrowed one video card from a friend, installed and tried to turn on the PC but got the same result. I tried to boot up the PC without the memory and other PCI devices attached to it to find out what is causing the problem but still got the same result.

Any idea regarding this problem?

Thanks.

does your monitor have manual buttons on it??

see if you can get it to display a self test.
or anything.

if you cant get the monitor to display a settings screen
by just using the buttons on the monitor
you need a new monitor---

eke21

Hi jamesx121, thanks for the reply. My monitor is working, I tried to run another PC on the same monitor and it works. I also tried to transfer my video card to another PC and it also works, meaning my video card and monitor is working.

I also tried to clear the bios of the motherboard since it has a built-in AGP, and tried to run using the built-in AGP but it doesnt work.

help me pls... Thanks a lot.

do the fans run when you turn on the PC? system/hdd LEDs? cpu fan spinning?

eke21

yes, all the power supply fan, CPU fan as well as video card fan is working. The LEDs are also working.

Triple6

Rob
You could try swapping in a known good power supply. Its not at all uncommon for a power supply to partially fail in a way that the fans and drives spin but it does not supply the proper voltages for a successfully post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online