Problem opening e-mail attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Geezer77

I run OE 6 on Windows 98SE. Word 2000. Norton utilities, the whole package plus firewall. Some, not all, of my incoming e-mail with attachments are problems. The attachment will not open. I never attempt to open attachments unless I know the sender well and the message fits our current communications. The kind of attachment I have trouble with is labelled: .wps at the end. Opening other attachments is no problem at all. I have no idea what this means, and my correspondents, several of them, are geezers like me: they do not no either. Sending attachments is no problem. Mine seem to go out ok.
So, what is a .wps and how do I open it?
Thank you kindly.

Go to this link if you don't have Microsoft Works on your pc and you can download the Microsoft Works 6.0 converter and you then can open the .wps attachments. Scroll down to the following:

If Microsoft Works 6.0 Is Installed on Same Computer as Microsoft Word
If Microsoft Works 6.0 Is Not Installed on Same Computer as Microsoft Word

Click on the second one and it will tell you how to perform the download.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318244#9

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts