Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

problem opening .gif files

18K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  lister 
#1 ·
Hi there. How are you and merry christmas and a happy new year!!! I'd like to know how to open .gif files. People have sent me pictures and I can't open them. I have ACDC and Photostudio 5 and both programs don't open them. Is there a way to solve this dilemma? I'm pretty sure there is I just don't know how. Ok please help anybody. It will be appreciated. Trust me.

#2 ·
Both should open .GIF files just fine. Do you get an error message when trying to open them?

#5 ·
Go to START > SETTINGS > Control Panel and Click Folder Options. Select the File types tab. You will find a list of many filetypes (also called 'extensions'). Scroll down to the one in question (GIF). Select it, and under the window it should say what program is "associated" with that filetype. That is the program that should always try to open the filetype selected. If that won't operate, it may be damaged. and need reinstallation. or you may have loaded and deleted some imaging program that associated itself with images of that filetype.

There is a "Change" button there. If you click that button, you will get a list of possible programs for opening that filetype. If you can't find the one you want in the list provided, click 'other'. You can then browse your system to find the program that you want. You can use this to set any available program to open all files of that type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.