1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem opening ports on an airport extreme

Discussion in 'Networking' started by RemNrz, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RemNrz

RemNrz Thread Starter

Some basic info about my current network setup.

I'm connected wireless in my apt to an airport express, that is connected through a 80ft cable to an airport extreme down in my business.

I.E. Computer => Airport Express => Airport Extreme => Cable Modem.

The airport express is in Bridge Mode so it shouldn't be doing anything more than propagating the settings of the Airport Extreme. The problem is, when I go to the port forwarding options in the Extreme and open up the port I want to use with the IP of the computer I want to use as a micro server, and check them on check port sites, they show the port as closed.

The computer I'm trying to open up to use is a mac with OS 10.6.8, it has its firewall disabled.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice