1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem: Orbit Downloader Not Working

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by evil_silence, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. evil_silence

evil_silence Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3758 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1751 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 466135 MB, Free - 332818 MB;
    Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO, N/A, N/A
    Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

Hi everyone, I am trying to use 'browser monitoring' in Internet Explorer 9 using Orbit Downloader 4.0.0.10, which is the current version, and for some reason, it's not working for me. I also tried this on IE8, but today I upgraded to IE9 thinking it might correct itself, but unfortunately, it still does not work. I enable it in Orbit and everytime I try to download a file, Internet Explorer downloads it regularly through the browser. My new laptop also came with Google Chrome and I tried using Orbit in there as well, but it still won't work, even though it's made to work with that browser as well.

Any ideas?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It will only install the plugin if the browsers are closed. You may have to enable the add-on in Internet Options, too.

3. evil_silence

evil_silence Thread Starter

I did as you said, uninstalled Orbit and reinstalled with all browsers completely closed, it's still not working. :-(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/989303