problem Partition Magic

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

angelique01

I am trying to move the unallocated space to the C: drive using this program. But I am getting an error after it says it moved it and tells me to reboot. When my comp loads back up, the space wasn't moved to the C: drive.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
First off, STOP TRYING! If PM is failing to complete the operation, it's probably for a good reason. I hope you've done a full backup before this operation, because you're flirting with data loss at this point.

I'd run a CHKDSK on the drive in question to make sure that it doesn't have some structural problem with the filesystem.

Don't you also have to do something like commit the change. Forget the exact phrase but it needs to be done before it actually happens.

What Bob is trying to say is that you can't just make the changes in PM and close it. Once all the changes are made, they'll be listed in a window in the lower left of the screen. Then you have to click the "Apply" button. Once you do that, it will reboot one or more times before all the changes are made, depending on how complex the changes you make are. I believe that is what you are describing. But when you reboot, it should give you a blue screen (not the one of death) that gives a running commentary on what steps PM is performing. Make sure that the list matches what was in the list on the lower left window. If you still have the problem, you might list the steps PM is supposed to be performing.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The fact that he's getting an error message seems to indicate he's applying the changes...

angelique01

ddockstader said:
What Bob is trying to say is that you can't just make the changes in PM and close it. Once all the changes are made, they'll be listed in a window in the lower left of the screen. Then you have to click the "Apply" button. Once you do that, it will reboot one or more times before all the changes are made, depending on how complex the changes you make are. I believe that is what you are describing. But when you reboot, it should give you a blue screen (not the one of death) that gives a running commentary on what steps PM is performing. Make sure that the list matches what was in the list on the lower left window. If you still have the problem, you might list the steps PM is supposed to be performing.

that is exactally what I have done and exactally what happened when I got the error. Here are the steps from PM, this also comes up on the blue screen when we reboot. It is mentioning the same step, but not applying the changes due to some error.

angelique01

hey, I got it to work afterall. Seems it wasn't letting me redistribute the free space so I resized the C: drive manually and it worked after rebot. thanks for your help anyways.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online