1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem playing games high ping can't really play pc games..

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mricks14, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mricks14

Mricks14 Thread Starter

Last summer I was downstairs on my pc connected to an ethernet to the router. Internet was great no problems really.. I have a twin brother who is upstairs and he used wireless he lagged alot and he only had problems if I was on my computer and that went on for a while. I have a grandfather who sat infront of me while I was on my pc and I couldnt do it so I moved upstairs but I didnt have a wireless pci adapter for my pc I had a wifi adapter which you plug in the wall to wirelessy connect to the router downstairs and I just put my pc's ethernet into the wireless adapter. I used that for a little bit until I couldnt take the high ping I was getting in game servers forcing me to just move my pc in the corner of my room and I havent been on it since. I have been playing ps4 using a wireless connect to the router downstairs. I have connection problems off and on but not every day. I today just got back on my pc and I am expieriencing constant lag and disconnection from games and discord. My router is the NightHawk AC1700 ,my Adapter is a tplink adapter. What can I do to increase my internet speeds I just dont want so much lag and horrible ping when I play my pc games with my friends.. and a reminder my router is downstairs with the modem.

2. UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

Can you run a speed test and post the results? Link here

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1186230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice