1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem playing movie on hard drive

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by musica, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musica

musica Thread Starter

I saved a couple DVDs to my hard drive. The first one I did last year and the second about 4 days ago. The first one was working well all along (using intervideo windvd) and Fri. when I added the 2nd one it too worked. But when I went to look at them yesterday neither worked. I found that (1) the usual file I click on to start the movie (VIDEO_TS) wouldn't play and (2) the other files popped up but wouldn't play or mixed up options: like one file would play in spanish and another in english and another with the directors' commentary.

It no longer gives me the option to select, the majority of the files won't play,and the ones that do play only play that particular file and don;t play with the continuity of a movie. The weird thing is that a lot of the files do pop up when I click on them, the screen starts turning black and says PLAY as if they will play, but 2 seconds later the screen goes back to blue and STOP pops up along with the intervideo logo. It seems as if something is stopping the files from opening. Does anyone have any idea what it could be or how to fix it?

Here are the programs I used that day, just in case it helps. I had some problems with spyware so I had downloaded and run Spybot Search & Destroy. (That's when I noticed the movies weren't playing) I used DVD Decrypter to burn the disks to my hard drive (but that has worked fine all along). I tried running system restore yesterday but it didn;t work. Please help!

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

If you are copying copyrighted material to your hard drive--well thats a no-no.

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

assuming you saved the removed items from S&D, restore them
    or
    uninstall, then reinstall windvd

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice