1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem playing MTS videos in WMP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex Ethridge, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I have a Panasonic HDC-TM700K camcorder: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model...s&support#tabs

I can play its native MTS videos on my Windows 7 desktop with no problem; but, when I attempt to play them on my laptop, I get a jerky, pixelated video that hangs at the beginning. The laptop is an HP DV6000 with an AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile processor, Windows 7 32-bit and 2 Gigs of RAM.

Here's a link to a sample result from the laptop:
    www.buffalogal.org/dscf0003.mpg

I have no problem with other video formats. When I convert the MTS to MPG, they play fine on the laptop.

2. sonexpc

sonexpc

I may think is the video codec for the MTS format in your laptop is outdate or corrupte... Do you have teh Panasonic Software install in the Laptop or you just play with MTS file...

If not install Panasonic Software try install...

Or you can try to reinstalll some Codec Pack with MTS Support

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

There is no Panasonic software installed on any of the computers so I doubt that is the problem.

How does one go about finding codecs to install? I've no experience with that.

4. sonexpc

sonexpc

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

You might just want to convert every file like that to mpg or high quality Xvid; they just play so much more easily in a wider range of conditions and devices and players without the hassle of codec hunts.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice