Problem playing (real) dvds.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nokeboy540

Everytime I put a DVD in I buy from a store, it comes up in a bootleg fashion (I think).

Nothing pops up to allow me to easily click play or anything like that. I put the DVD in, I goto the DVD Drive click it and it has it broken down into about 3 different things. Audio_TS, Video_TS and Jacket_TS

Yes, I can go in there find which file is the main folder and then play it, then it plays, but it is fairly annoying having to do this every time. Does anyone know what I am missing or what I am doing wrong? It does it on 3 of my computers, no clue why. 2 run Vista, 1 runs XP (Laptop). Anyone have any ideas?

In XP ,go to My Computer , right-click on the DVD Drive .Click Properties/Autoplay . Choose your preferred option for DVD media .

In Vista , go to Control Panel/Autoplay to enter your preferences .

Nokeboy540

When I goto the play feature, I click play automatically, still does nothing. I click Choose a default, nothing comes up. It is like my computer isn't recognzing any of the DVDs.

What happens if you use Windows Media Player? (Open WMP, click the "Now playing" Tab. If you're mssing a Codec, it should tell you so.

Go over nessyguin's suggestion again.
Read the options carefully.

Nokeboy540

both my drives were doing exactly what ur describing the other day, i tried everything under the sun, from microsofts autofix 2 a registry tweak & they still would autoplay, just opened a windows folder when disc inserted. only thing that eventually worked 4 me was 2 do a system restore. might work :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online