1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem playing (real) dvds.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Nokeboy540, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nokeboy540

Nokeboy540 Thread Starter

Everytime I put a DVD in I buy from a store, it comes up in a bootleg fashion (I think).

Nothing pops up to allow me to easily click play or anything like that. I put the DVD in, I goto the DVD Drive click it and it has it broken down into about 3 different things. Audio_TS, Video_TS and Jacket_TS

Yes, I can go in there find which file is the main folder and then play it, then it plays, but it is fairly annoying having to do this every time. Does anyone know what I am missing or what I am doing wrong? It does it on 3 of my computers, no clue why. 2 run Vista, 1 runs XP (Laptop). Anyone have any ideas?

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

In XP ,go to My Computer , right-click on the DVD Drive .Click Properties/Autoplay . Choose your preferred option for DVD media .

In Vista , go to Control Panel/Autoplay to enter your preferences .

3. Nokeboy540

When I goto the play feature, I click play automatically, still does nothing. I click Choose a default, nothing comes up. It is like my computer isn't recognzing any of the DVDs.

4. Hughv

Hughv

What happens if you use Windows Media Player? (Open WMP, click the "Now playing" Tab. If you're mssing a Codec, it should tell you so.

5. Nokeboy540

oo that worked, I clicked play Unknown DVD and it worked.

6. Nokeboy540

That give any clue to why I can't get it to automatically start?

7. Hughv

Hughv

Go over nessyguin's suggestion again.
    Read the options carefully.

8. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

9. Nokeboy540

When I tried to run that, it stopped working and I had to close it. Tried about 3 times

I tried doing what Nes said. I changed them to autoplay in windows media, I tried choose a default, None of them worked when I put the CD in. Keeps calling the DVD Unknown and only works when I do the Now Playing in Windows Media Player

10. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

both my drives were doing exactly what ur describing the other day, i tried everything under the sun, from microsofts autofix 2 a registry tweak & they still would autoplay, just opened a windows folder when disc inserted. only thing that eventually worked 4 me was 2 do a system restore. might work :D

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice