1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem printing from HP Laser Jet Professional P1102w

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stella1956, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stella1956

stella1956 Thread Starter

I have installed the HP Laser Jet Professional P1102w on my Dell computer running Windows XP - 2002 and it has the Service Pak 3 installed....the XP is NOT the 64. I have a Levelone router. I am able to print wirelessly from my computer......but it is intermittently possible. It seems that when I can print, I cannot connect to the internet. When I correct that problem, I cannot print.

What I am seeing is: the blue light (that indicated connection) will stay lit and I can print. When I cannot print the blue light flashes intermittently......When I start the printer, the blue light flashes and then stops.

When I have been able to maintain a blue light on all the time, I have done something in the router setup. I am not sure what I have done to cause the printer to function wirelessly, but then I cannot connect to the internet.

Both the icon for the printer and the wireless connection for my laptop show up on the page listing my wireless networks on the router information. I suspect that I need to do something different on the router setup. The printer signal is stronger than the internet connection signal.

The Wireless network is under the control of the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility.

I have tried (I think unsuccessfully) to set up a network situation for my laptop and printer and router. My thoughts were that would solve the problem of having only either the computer connection to the internet or the printer working.

I can print wirelessly so I know that part of the setup is in place........ Thanks for your help....it is making me crazy.......:eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice