(Problem) Quicktime .mov files turning green

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bchako2

I've had this problem as long as I can remember, and have tried countless things to get it to work. Google results are slim, and all say the same thing, update drivers, update codecs, use quicktime alternative, use media player classic included in K-lite Codec pack.. well, None of it works!

The problem being, when I try to play a .mov file, be it through a plugin in firefox or iexplorer, it turns green, and chews system resources like mad, making it take a little while to close the window.

Strange thing is, It won't do it all the time, sometimes, (rarely) I can watch .movs with no problem whatsoever.

Here's an example of what you'll come across googling it:
Clicky

I'm running Windows XP pro, SP2, and with the newest K-lite codec pack, and the included media player classic, I have no problems playing any -other- formats. Yes, I'm using windowblinds, that makes no difference.

Attached are some examples of er.. the shade of green, in media player classic. Note: it also happens in quicktime type plugins.

Any help would be appreciated, as long as you don't tell me to update my codecs, drivers, or use quicktime alternative. This has all been tried. Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online