1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Problem) Quicktime .mov files turning green

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Bchako2, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bchako2

Bchako2 Thread Starter

I've had this problem as long as I can remember, and have tried countless things to get it to work. Google results are slim, and all say the same thing, update drivers, update codecs, use quicktime alternative, use media player classic included in K-lite Codec pack.. well, None of it works!

The problem being, when I try to play a .mov file, be it through a plugin in firefox or iexplorer, it turns green, and chews system resources like mad, making it take a little while to close the window.

Strange thing is, It won't do it all the time, sometimes, (rarely) I can watch .movs with no problem whatsoever.

Here's an example of what you'll come across googling it:
    Clicky

I'm running Windows XP pro, SP2, and with the newest K-lite codec pack, and the included media player classic, I have no problems playing any -other- formats. Yes, I'm using windowblinds, that makes no difference.

Attached are some examples of er.. the shade of green, in media player classic. Note: it also happens in quicktime type plugins.

Any help would be appreciated, as long as you don't tell me to update my codecs, drivers, or use quicktime alternative. This has all been tried. Thanks in advance! :)

Attached Files:

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431301

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice