Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem re-installing MS Office 2000 SR-1

763 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gbello2 
#1 ·
My local tech had to remove everything on my hard drive and build it again due to a bug or 2. Then we installed XP ( I had ME). Then I tried to re-install MS Office 2000 Standard but I get this message : "Setup failed to locate a valid qualifying product on you machine".
I have re-installed this software several times with ME and never got this message before. Now I do.
I checked on Google and found some items that did not address this particular problem (upgrading to XP) but did say that one must install a qualifying product if they get this messge. I have no clue wht they are talking about. I am very confused.
I hope you can help. I am not very good with computer jargon but I can follow directions!!
Gloria Bello

#2 ·
Your version of Word 2000 is an "upgrade", and not a full install.

It will only install if there is a "qualifying product" already loaded. This means an earlier version of Word, or another package that Word 2000 will recognise as meeting the requirements of the licence.

Reinstalling it on ME probably worked because there was some "qualifying product" already installed.

It may recognise MS Works, or Wordperfect etc?
You often don't need to actually install the "qualifying product" but point it to the installation CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.