1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Problem reading a Window Title

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Wallenberg, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wallenberg

Wallenberg Thread Starter

I recently found a freeware File Commander that is named "FreeCommander".

I found it to be really excellent. But one tiny problem I'm having is that I set my "theme" to Windows Classic and using that theme, when I select "Tools" then "Settings" from the Main menu, this app displays a window with the title "General" displayed in the title bar. But it's almost impossible to make out the word "General" because the color of the background and the color of the font are so similar that's its almost impossible to make out the text.

If anyone wants to try this, it only takes a few seconds to install this freeware app and then you can see the window for yourself.

But my question is whether there may be any way I can change either the color of the background on the title bar or the color of the font. This is not a standard window. I know about the applet called "Window Color" that lets you set the color of the Title of the Active Window and the Inactive Window as well as about 20 other kinds of components. But none of those choices seem to affect the window that shows the Settings for this FreeCommander app.

Can anyone make any suggestion as to a reasonable course of action to pursue?

I will try to post a screenshot here to show you what it looks like:

http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2018/05/18/dt3.png

OK. Good. I think you should be able to see this for yourself. I'm referring to the second blue title bar from the top. The top bar has the label "Settings" which is not very difficult to make out. But the second title bar contains the label "General" and you will need some kind of special glasses to make that out.

It may help you to see it if you use one of the Windows tools that magnify a portion of the screen.

2. Lance1

Lance1

3. Wallenberg

Wallenberg Thread Starter

Yes Lance. But I just found the cause.

The reason for this problem had to do with the colors I chose for my Active Window Title.
    When you select "Personalization" then "Window Color", you see an Applet that lets you set the colors of many Windows objects like the Active Window Title Bar, Inactive Active Window Title Bar, Desktop, Application Background, etc.

My problem was that I chose both Color1 and Color2 for the Active Window Title Bar to be dark blue. When I changed one or both of them to light blue or almost any other two colors, the problem was solved.

I'm marking this solved now and I thank you kindly for your suggestion.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice