1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem Recognizing Primary Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anglia, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anglia

anglia Thread Starter

Hell All

I have just Done a restore on a Time 8375 Notebook using the reload CD's.
    Everything gone well with the XP Home & device driver install. however when I boot from cold the Bios wont find the primary drive until I reset it in the bios?.
    When I re-boot it using restart when the Notebook is on, it finds the primary drive and loads XP everytime.
    I,m thinking that the lithium battery back-up must need changing would anyone agree or could the problem be with the bios? any advice welcome.

Regards
    Ian

2. jmtechserv

jmtechserv

Most likely the battery. If it were, you should have to reset the date as well.

3. Brum

Brum

I don't think it is the battery. Like the last post said, If that were the case you would have to change all the settings in the bios everytime becuase they would be on defualt. Either that or your computer would beep at you when you start it up. also reinstalling XP should have nothing to do with why the bios wont recognize the drive.

A few more computer specs would be helpful. I couldn't really tell what type of computer you have. The name the your HDD, MOBO, and Bios would be helpful too.

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Set the Hard drive as first in Boot Order in Bios and Saved & Exit

5. anglia

anglia Thread Starter

Thank you all for your replies:

Computer is Time Notebook 8375 with 2 system restore disks.
    Don't know M/board

Bios is "Insyde Software SCU" never heard of this before?? Very basic with only limited commands. No auto detect primary drive.
    In "Devices" it is showing IDE Primary = Disabled with no obvious way of enabling it
    I have just reset boot order to HD as 1st, re-booted and it recognised the FujitsuMHR2030AT D straightaway and loaded XP.

Just noticed the clock is running 1 hour slow after re-install.

Help please.

6. bonk

bonk Banned

Double click on the clock in the task Bar then in the new window Time Zone check to see if Daylight saving time is checked.

Then check the Internet Time and what ever it is on change it for the other one and see.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice