1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem reformattin compaq laptop

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by digitaldeath, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitaldeath

digitaldeath Thread Starter

I have an uncle that had just reformatted his Compaq Laptop(made a back-up on floppy, etc.), he knows a lot about computers, more mac then pc. But he knows his stuff still very well. Anyway, here's the problem.
    He can not load windows onto drive 'C' because it says that drive 'E' is busy. He used to have a c.d. burner hooked up to the laptop but not anymore. Shouldn't the drive have disappeared after reformatting?
    Could this problem be because he made the backup while drive E was on the computer which now makes it load it?
    thanks, any help would be appreciated!!
    he is tryin to put on windows 98.
    thanx.

oh, and is there a way to clear passwords on a computer. I have a buddie that has been tryin to shut off the parental settings in Internet Explorer, tools, options, content; someone has put a password on it.
    thnx!

2. digitaldeath

please help!

3. digitaldeath

I just wanted to ask for help once more. I would really like to know.
    If no one knows then thanks anyway.
    If someone does could they please respond. Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice