Problem reinstalling printer drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dick1038

I have an HP OfficeJet K-80 printer/copier/scanner. It worked OK until recently. I could print or copy but not scan. HP Image editor software would not respond to any of my clicks. So, I uninstalled then installed 3 times. Each time I get an error message near the end of the installation process:

"Unable to start the application--the Java Virtual Machine cannot be loaded. Class not registered."

I don't know where the required Java software is supposed to be located nor where I can obtain it.

Dick1038

I'm working with HP tech support on this problem. It turns out that Java VM is not included in my current version of XP/SP2. I tried downloading Java from Sun's site, but got an error message there also when I tried to install the package.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online