1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem reinstalling VISTA & problem installing Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by yigster, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yigster

yigster Thread Starter

While trying to reinstall vista I get an error saying:

To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files, and then click OK.

Note: The installation media can be a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.

I get the same error while trying to install Windows 7. Oh also when I install xp it doesn't recognize 170GB of my harddisk. Its there in disk management but cant see it my computer. So every time I install xp I have to format that 170 GB..

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for help.

2. yigster

yigster Thread Starter

anyone ????

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    First release of XP did NOT support extra large drives, install SP1 and you should see the full drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!