1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem retrieving Wordperfect file

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Robert1, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert1

Robert1 Thread Starter

My daughter saved her school project in Wordperfect, but when she went to retrieve it, a screen came up saying "Unknown file format." The icon for Wordperfect appears beside the filename, and it also has the proper ".wpd" extension, so we can't understand why we keep getting this message. Apparently she was doing something with images at the time she saved it, and so the program might have become "confused", tho' I don't know how that could have happened. We have tried opening the file from IE, Wordpad, and Notepad. Nothing worked. Any ideas out there on how we could bring up this file? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Robert

2. Bruce319

Bruce319

Durring the time she was copying images from the website and/or text, she copied some links along with it. When she tried to open the saved file, she couldn't because the file couldn't find the program associated with the link.
    I had a coworker that had the same problem and I couldn't open the file on her computer, but as soon as I made a copy of the file and opened it on my computer, without doing anything to the file, it opened just fine on my computer. Try using another computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice