1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem seeing movies on tv with asus video card

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by elvinj, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvinj

elvinj Thread Starter

Asus A9250 through radio shack rf modulator was showing movies fine for the first few days but now it shows my desktop, folders, pictures and basically everything but movies just fine. the movies are just black but the media players show up ok. this is the case with both windows media player, divx player and the player in ares (file sharing program). this of course is not a problem on my monitor so i am thinking it could be a configuration issue with the video cards software. i need some help from anyone who knows the asus A9250.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Sounds like the issue is with Macrovision copy protection on the DVD. It detects that you have a device plugged in to the TV out socket and refuses to display the actual movie in case the device is a tape and you are making a copy.

It would probably be against the Forum rules to detail methods to defeat Macrovision, so all I would suggest is that you use Google.

3. elvinj

elvinj Thread Starter

i am trying to view my avi and mpg files. it also would not work when previewing in my ares file sharing program. i don't even have a dvd player. any other ideas of what it could be?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!