Problem seeing partition and Ghost file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rtsc

Hi all,
This is one strange problem that only started happening since October 2008. Have never seen it in my 4 years using Ghost v2003.793. It happens in different Windows computers and in different configurations.
Ghost in PC DOS mode does not see some partitions and folders that hold .GHO files. In fact, Ghost.exe does not recognize some .GHO files even if it is recognizing the partitions and folders. This usually happens with .GHO files that are not the last one created but not always. In other word, the problem seems to be random. I tried reinstalling Ghost 2003 and updating to build 793 again with no avail. All my .GHO files for four years have always been able to restore system with no issue until now. Never have this problem before until two months ago. All my 50 something Ghost files (non-compress; 5-character name) pass integrity check by computers that behave (mostly older computers).
For example: In one computer, I have drive C, D, & E in one SATA disk. Only C drive has operating system (Windows XP SP3). D contains three folders that hold ghost files of three different creation dates. E contains the same.
When trying to restore C drive using Ghost.exe in PC DOS, E drive is not recognized. In D drive, only one folder of the most current set of Ghost file and span files is present. And that is the one that I do not want to use. Murphy’s law.
This is just one example. It seems to happen more frequently as time goes by. Like a virus.
Please help!! Thanks.

Randy

I've used Ghost for years and used to have occasional problems. Early on, to escape the problems, I started running Ghost from floppy and now from USB flash drive and haven't had any problems since.

Still using Ghost 2003.

rtsc

I straightly use Ghost Boot floppy disk. I did say PC DOS mode.

Randy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online