1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem sending links in Opera

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by spikefan, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spikefan

spikefan Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have used opera for at least 18 months and have never had a problem. This last week when I try and send a link via e-mail I get a new account wizard popping up. I have tried setting the account as a pop account like Outlook Express but I get error messages about servers not responding - I know they are because I am using the servers at the time. If I click on an e-mail link in Outlook to mail someone in the body of an e-mail I get the account wizard also.
    I have no problem sending links with Mozilla or Explorer. As I say this is a new problem. I have checked the settings which say use the default e-mail on the computer. I have tried importing settings, I have uninstalled and reinstalled opera - all is drawing a blank.
    I would appreciate help but I just dont know where to turn. I do know it isnt my computer as I have a friend who uses opera and the same thing has happened to her. I dont remember changing settings or updating opera and I know for a fact my friend wouldnt as I usually do that for her and I havent been near her computer since Christmas.
    :eek:

2. stillearning

stillearning

Your best bet would be to post at the opera forums.

3. spikefan

spikefan Thread Starter

Thanks I have, but they dont seem to have replied as yet - doing battle with a virus at the moment so this is the last of my problems. Thanks anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice