Problem setting up new acct. @ Clearwire

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RufusMcGufus

I'm not having any luck setting up an email acct. I always get an error message. Here's the last one, "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E".

I'm using Windows Mail, Vista OS. Before I had my HD replaced there were no problems at all but now its all "no go". :mad:

Any help would be appreciated before I have to get fitted for a straight jacket!!

RufusMcGufus

Here's my latest attempt:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject '', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. eh34sm12606826ibb.5', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

RufusMcGufus

And another:

Subject '', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

RufusMcGufus

Another:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject '', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

DoubleHelix

Banned
Did you read anything I posted?

What program are you talking about?
What e-mail account?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online