Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem starting/installing OS on Acer Aspire 5670 Notebook

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wasabi_ 
#1 ·
I have an Acer Aspire 5670 Notebook that I recently tried reinstalling the operating system on. I backed everything up and started to format the computer and install Windows XP Media Center edition. Everything was working fine, but when I was installing drivers, the computer started acting erratically and then I received a Fatal Error and blue screen of death out of nowhere.

So I tried formatting and installing windows again, but each time it finishes installing windows, it just shuts off, no message or anything. Each time I go to try to turn it on, it just shuts off at the Windows splash screen. Usually nothing shows up, it just restarts, but occasionally I get the blue screen of death.

I also tried installing Ubuntu, but I cant even get it to install, I just get to the starting splash screen and it restarts.

Ive tried installing windows xp pro which was on the laptop earlier, but that also came out with the same result.

Is the laptop messed up for good? Is it a BIOS problem? Do I need to replace a part? I just have no idea what to do with it.

#3 ·
It occurred while installing wireless and sound drivers straight from the Acer website.

I have had windows successfully install a couple of times today and got to desktop, but the mouse lagged severely and when I went to restart the computer without doing anything else, the shutdowns occurred again on the splash screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.