1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem Streaming Video with WMP10

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by okiehiker, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okiehiker

okiehiker Thread Starter

I have searched many forums, including Microsoft's, and have read various reports of problems streaming video after SP2 has been installed, but have found no solutions. HELP! This is driving me nuts. It doesn't seem to be a universal problem, but in the cases I found, we all have the same symptom: After installing SP2, streaming video with WMP10 no longer works (it just stalls out while trying to connect). If given the option to choose RealPlayer, streaming video will work. So, it appears it's a conflict between WMP10 and SP2. I tried rolling back to WMP9, as it worked for some, but it did not work for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/311512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice