Problem switching my MB to a new case

Kannan.2000

I'm trying to switch my MB to a new case and I bent a pin on somthing I don't either its this thing.

16240538108393020232531919465132.jpg

crjdriver

That looks like a usb front panel connector. You should have three of those on your board. You can try straightening the pins with a small screwdriver OR just use one of the other two.

Kannan.2000

but I dont trust myself to set them straight so what should I do someone else told me kt was just the blue USBS that won't work but that's 50% of all my USBS. so I'm stuck should i take it somewhere to get it fixed?

crjdriver

that's 50% of all my USBS
I think you need to redo your math. You have a total of twelve usb ports; ten usb2 and two usb3. That connector works two usb ports; that is approx 17% NOT 50%
As I said, you have three of those connectors on the motherboard and your case most likely has only one. Up to you if you want to keep messing with it OR just use one of the other two.

crjdriver

BTW I would not invest any money into repairing that board. If you took it to a shop, the very least they would charge you would be 1hr shop labor and NO guarantee that it would work. That would be approx $90.
If they replaced the connector, it would probably cost a little more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online