1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem To Install Win 98/me In Seagate Sata Hard Disc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sumitdas1, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sumitdas1

sumitdas1 Thread Starter

Problem To Install Win 98/me In Seagate Sata Hard Disc :-

I Have A Seagate Sata Hard Disc ( 80 Gb ) .when I Install Windows '98 Or Windows Me , In The Middle Of Installation An Error Ocured.a Blue Screen Shows An Message.like This........

"your Multi Function Device (standard Dual Pci Ide Controler ) Has Some Child Devices Using 32 Bit Drivers And Others Using Compatibility Mode Drivers.this Configaration Is Not Supported , So Your Computer Has Been Halted To Prevent Corruption.
    After You Restart Your Computer , Windows Will Use Compatibility Mode Drivers For Each Child Device Attached To This Multi-function Device. If You Want To Use 32 Bit Drivers You May Be Able To Obtain An Updater Driver For The Device That Caused The Problem By Contacting Your Hardware Manufracturer , Or Youcan Disable The Device.
    Press Any Key To Continue………………….

System Halted…………. "

When Install Is Finished , I Found There Is No Cd Rom/ Cd Writer Drive In "my Computer " Page.but When I Install Windows Xp ,than All Problems Are Solved. Also In The Middle Of Installation No Message Is Shown.

If Any Friend Solve My Problem ???? So Please Solve My Problem.
    I Am Waiting.

2. norton850

norton850

Hi
    Is there anything on the hard drive when you try to install Win98 or Me?

3. sumitdas1

sumitdas1 Thread Starter

no friend , the hard disc is full formatted when i install win 98 0r me.

4. norton850

norton850

How did you format the hard drive and are you using a boot up flopppy?

5. sumitdas1

sumitdas1 Thread Starter

I Am Beginner In Computer .I Have Little Knoledge In Hardware. My Friend Formats The Hard Drive .He Does Not Use Floppy . He Use Cd .I Think You Solve My Problem .

6. sumitdas1

sumitdas1 Thread Starter

Thanks Friend . I Sell The Hard Drive.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/395365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice